We remain open on many days when school is not in session in order to maximize the progress of all of our individual players and bands. Please check the calendar below for holiday closings.
Below is a list of key dates for our 2018-2019 programs:
Showcases: Save these Dates!
- Fall Band Showcase ’18: December 8, 2018 – At The Slipper Room, 167 Orchard Street, 1-5pm.
- Spring Band Showcase ’19: June 8, 2019 – At Rockwood Music Hall, 12:30-5pm.
Program Dates (2018-2019):
- Sep. 12: First day of Band Coaching Fall Semester
- Dec. 12: Last day of Band Coaching
- First day of Band Coaching, Winter/Spring Semester – TBA
- February Break Camp – TBA
- Spring Break Camp Week 1 – TBA
- Spring Break Camp Week 2 – TBA
- Last day of Band Coaching, Winter/Spring Semester – TBA
Holidays 2018-2019 (No Band Rehearsals, check with teachers for private lesson scheduling):
- Sep. 10-11: Rosh Hashanah
- Oct. 8: Columbus Day
- Nov. 21-23: Thanksgiving Break
- Jan. 21: MLK Day
- Feb. 18: Presidents’ Day
- Apr. 19: Passover First Night / Good Friday
- May 27: Memorial Day
Schedule and Make-Up Policies:
Fall Semester, 2018: Sep. 12 – Dec. 12
• Band Coaching: Month to month membership, year-long program. Weekly 1.5 hour sessions plus weekly private lessons (if applicable). No rehearsals or private lessons on Holidays listed above. See Make-Up policy below.
• Discovering Rock & Band Coaching: 12 band sessions; Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday bands have last rehearsals on December 10, 11 & 12 (due to holidays during semester). Make-up sessions for unforeseen cancelations during week of December 10-14.
Winter/Spring Semester, 2019: Jan. 7 – June 7
• Band Coaching: 20 band sessions
• Discovering Rock: 18 band sessions
Make-Up Policy: If more than half of the members of a band are unable to make a rehearsal, and we are given at least 48 hours notice, we will do our best to reschedule the rehearsal. While we do our best to accommodate every group and individual schedule, we cannot guarantee make-ups.