We remain open on many days when school is not in session in order to maximize the progress of all of our individual players and bands. Please check the calendar below for holiday closings.
Below is a list of key dates for our 2017-2018 programs:
Showcases: Save these Dates!
- Saturday, December 16, 2017, 1:30-5pm: Fall Band Showcase (Rockwood Music Hall, Stage 2. 196 Allen St)
Program Dates (2017-2018):
- Sep. 11: First day of Band Coaching Fall Semester
- Dec. 15: Last day of Band Coaching
- Jan. 8: First day of Band Coaching Winter/Spring Semester
- February Break Camp – TBA
- Spring Break Camp Week 1 – TBA
- Spring Break Camp Week 2 – TBA
- Last day of Band Coaching – TBA
Holidays 2017-2018 (No Band Rehearsals, check with teachers for private lesson scheduling):
- Sep. 21-22: Rosh Hashanah
- Oct. 9: Columbus Day
- Nov. 21-24: Thanksgiving Break
- Jan. 15: MLK Day
- Feb. 19: Presidents’ Day
- Mar. 30: Passover First Night / Good Friday
- May 28: Memorial Day
Schedule and Make-Up Policies:
Fall Semester: Sep. 11 – Dec. 15
• Band Coaching: Month to month membership, year-long program. Weekly 1.5 hour sessions plus weekly private lessons (if applicable). No rehearsals or private lessons on Holidays listed above. See Make-Up policy below.
• Discovering Rock: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday bands: 13 band sessions • Thursday and Friday bands: 12 band sessions • No rehearsals or private lessons on Holidays listed above. See Make-Up policy below.
Winter/Spring Semester: Jan. 8 – TBD
Make-Up Policy: If more than half of the members of a band are unable to make a rehearsal, and we are given at least 48 hours notice, we will do our best to reschedule the rehearsal. While we do our best to accommodate every group and individual schedule, we cannot guarantee make-ups.
Fall Band Showcase at Rockwood Music Hall, Stage 2 1:30 pm
Fall Band Showcase at Rockwood Music Hall, Stage 2
Dec 16 @ 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm