We remain open on many days when school is not in session in order to maximize the progress of all of our individual players and bands. Please check the calendar below for holiday closings.
Below is a list of key dates for our 2016-2017 programs:
Showcases: Save these Dates!
- Dec. 11, 2016: Winter Band Showcase at Rockwood Music Hall, Stage 2, 2-5pm
- June, 2017: Spring Band Showcase (Date/Location TBA)
- Sept. 12: First day of Band Coaching Fall Semester
- Dec. 9: Last day of Band Coaching
- Jan. 3: First day of Band Coaching Winter/Spring Semester
- Feb. 20-22: February Break Camp
- Mar. 27-31: Spring Break Camp Week 1
- April 10-14: Spring Break Camp Week 2
- June 9: Last day of Band Coaching
Holidays (No Band Rehearsals, check with teachers for private lesson scheduling):
- Oct. 3-4: Rosh Hashanah
- Oct. 10: Columbus Day
- Nov. 23-25: Thanksgiving
- Jan. 16: MLK Day
- Feb. 20: Presidents’ Day
- Apr. 11: Passover First Night
- Apr. 14: Good Friday
- May 29: Memorial Day
Schedule and Make-Up Policies:
Fall Semester: Monday, September 12 – Friday, December 9 (13 weeks)
12 band sessions plus 12 private lessons (if applicable). There is one holiday built in to the 13-week semester. Additional missed rehearsals may be rescheduled per the policy below.
Winter/Spring Semester: Monday, January 9 – Friday, June 9 (22 weeks)
20 band sessions plus 20 private lessons (if applicable). Our schedule allows for 2 missed weeks in the 22-week semester to accommodate school breaks. Additional missed rehearsal sessions will be scheduled and made up based on the needs of the bands.
Make-Up Policy: If more than half of the members of a band are unable to make a rehearsal, and we are given at least 48 hours notice, we will do our best to reschedule the rehearsal. While we do our best to accommodate every group and individual schedule, we cannot guarantee make-ups beyond those provided in the calendar.
‘The Secret of Music’ – Music Theory Workshop With Dan! 1:00 pm
‘The Secret of Music’ – Music Theory Workshop With Dan!
Apr 23 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
In this workshop we will learn the basic concepts of music theory and use them to analyze our favorite songs – hopefully getting a chance to rock out using our newfound knowledge of music! We[...]